11.04.2008

Michael Moore on Barack Obama


This is Michael Moore expressing his thoughts on the significance of a Barack Obama presidency.
From an interview on Time.com:

Personally, the opportunity to vote for someone like Barack Obama will be one of the greatest things I will have done in my life. The Republicans aren't kidding when they say he's the "most liberal" senator in the Senate. When have we ever had the chance to vote for the "most liberal" of anything?

When I was a child, my parents took us on vacation in the South and I saw the signs over rest rooms that said "Coloreds" and "Whites." I saw the pain in my mother's face that she even had to explain something like that to me in the United State of America. My mother didn't live to see this moment, but I have, and it will be a bit emotional when and if he is declared the winner. I know I will cry a tear or two when I think of all who suffered at the hands of a racist nation. Redemption is always a wonderful thing.

No comments: